Software Requirement AnalysisPrint
Software Requirement Gathering and AnalysisThe customer can create tasks or activities in its own terms and definitions (the language of business). To determine the relationship between the needs of the customer in terms of software development or Software Implementation, Si3 Technologies map As-Is processes and To Be processes.
Requirement - a characteristic or condition that must be satisfied by the system. Functional requirements define the actions to be performed by the system. The following difficulties may arise in determining the functional requirements:
- The customer is not always able to articulate what they want from the system.
- Requirements in the final document should be laid out so that they are equally understood by the client and contractor and avoid ambiguity
A Survey by the CIO Magazine states that 71% of the failed software projects are traced to poor requirements
The Objectives of the Collection and Analysis of the Requirements are:
- Reaching agreements between developers, customers, and users about what the system should do
- achieving a better understanding of the developers of what the system should do
- determining system functionality
- creating a basis for planning the development of the project
How Si3 will Collect & Analyze the Requirements:
- Analyst - our expert, who performs work on the identification and modeling requirements.
- Interested parties - representatives of the customer, providing information.
- Expert - representatives of the customer involved in the development of requirements, an expert in the subject area.
To Achieve these Goals, We Prepare a complete set of Documentation:
- Description of the system (Vision System) - a text documentation that describes what will be included in the system and that it was decided to exclude. It reflects the wishes of interested parties, as well as identifies the main non-functional requirements such as described by implementing the platform and system architecture.
In the document description of the system contains the mandatory profile: Terms and Definitions contain, definitions of basic concepts and terms that must be understood the same way by the customer and the developer.
- Model requirements - A graphic scheme the UML - the Use cases are to reach an agreement between the customer and the developers, allowing the customer to make sure that the system will do what they expect, and developers to create what you want. Requirement models give a clear graphical representation of the requirements and the dependencies between them, allows you to associate a graphical format for a text - with the "System Description" document.
After Agreeing on Customer Documents, following Documents are being developed to refine the Requirements:
- Requirement Specification (Software Requirements Specification SRS) or Terms of Reference main document used in the design and development of software. Document model includes additional requirements and specifications which are text description of requirements for the final software product, but the process of its development and implementation details do not contain requirements.
- The prototype user interface provides a visual representation of the system interface.
Our Methodology & Approach:
- Development of the document Description of the system . First the range of stakeholders. Gather stakeholder wishes for the future system. Needs analyzes, identifies the main features of the system, reached agreement on what problems need to be resolved. Defined terms and definitions , the definition of these terms should contribute to a better understanding of the system stakeholders. Out Come : Document Description of the System.
- Construction of the Model Requirements at this stage the users of the system, the system to which the system should interact. Defined entities that will perform actions in the system. Options for use of the system is also determined. to facilitate and support the readability of the model it is advisable to divide them into packages. It also simplifies the understanding of responsibility and the distribution model by assigning developers responsible for the packages. Packages allow you to organize the hierarchy of needs.The upper level of the hierarchy is usually determined on the basis of the main activities of the organization.Requirements model should fully comply with the document "System Description" The model should cover all application stakeholders represented in the "System Description".
- Process Objectives:
- Restructuring model requirements due to the emergence of new needs.
- A detailed description of the event stream data for a better understanding of user tasks;
- Setting priorities for the implementation of the system.